Search Devin Heskeths Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Soul Winning February 27, 2010

Hi everyone.  Today, we went out soul winning (going door to door inviting people to church and sharing the Gospel with them).  I wanted to tell you about a lady that I talked to.  I introduced myself, invited her to church, and asked her a few questions.  I asked her if she knew for sure that when she died she was going to Heaven.  She answered with the famous answer... "I hope so".  I asked her what she was putting her faith in.  She said "God".  I asked her if she could be a little more specific, because lots of people believe in God.  She did not really have an answer.  I asked her if that meant that everyone that believes that God exists is going to Heaven.  She then said that there are a lot of good people that are going to Heaven.  I asked her if she was trusting in doing good things to get to Heaven.  She said yes.

This is a famous answer when you go soul winning.  People think that being a good... or even half decent person will get them to Heaven.

I then asked this lady why Jesus came to Earth.  She said that it was to save us.

Almost everybody knows this.

I then asked more specifically why He came.  She did not really know what to say, so I answered for her.  I said that Jesus came to Earth to "PAY" for "OUR SINS".  She agreed with me.  I then asked her a very important question.  I asked, "Why would God send His only begotten Son to die for us if we could get to Heaven another way?"  She was almost speechless!

In about five minutes, I destroyed the heart of what she believed.

I went on to share the Gospel with  her, but she interrupted me halfway through and said that she "didn't want to get into this now".  I don't think that she was very happy with me!

Now I ask you this.   Why do people think that they can be good enough to get to Heaven???

No comments:

Post a Comment