Hi everyone,
I have been wanting to share my testimony on my blog for quite a while, so here it goes.
I was born in Duncan, BC on February 26, 1994 to Mark and Pam Hesketh. I grew up in a Christian home, and was home-schooled almost the whole way, so I did not have to worry to much about bad influences and friends. I grew up in church surrounded by good people and preaching, so it is no surprise that I was curious about Heaven. One day (I don't know the actual date), when I was five or six, I just went up to my mom and asked her how I could get to Heaven. She showed me from the Bible that I was a sinner that needed Christ's forgiveness. I remember that I prayed and asked Jesus into my life.
A few years down the road, I started to doubt whether or not I was "really" saved. I did not feel like I was saved. I had trouble with this one for years. When I was thirteen years old, I got it settled "for sure". I have the date written down. I still, even after this, had trouble with it. Once I finally got it settled, I figured it out. Whatever emptiness I was feeling was from not having a proper relationship with God. How could I expect to "feel" like I had a relationship with Him when I didn't. I was saved, but I was not growing.
I surrendered my life to the Lord when I was twelve at Camp Joy. I already know what God's will is for me now, (building a relationship with Him and telling others about Him)but I do not know what God will have for my life. It is His decision and not mine.
I am excited to see what God has for me in this life, and I hope to keep growing in him.
I Corinthians 2:5
No comments:
Post a Comment